Life > Academics

My Favorite Places to Study in Nacogdoches, Texas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Doing homework or studying is a boring and long process, that not many people enjoy. I think the location of where you are studying is a factor on how much work you get done. So, instead of studying in your dorm or apartment adventure out to these great study spots in Nacogdoches, Texas, the home of Stephen F. Austin State University.

The second floor of the RAlph w. Steen library

The second floor is my favorite because not that many people are on that floor due to there being two specific floors in the library for group and quiet study. If you are person that doesn’t like it to be dead silent when you are studying or it being super loud than this is the floor for you. Since there aren’t usually many people there you don’t feel crammed, and you can spread all your stuff out without feeling in the way.

Thumpers coffee shop

This is my absolute favorite coffee shop in Nacogdoches, and it also happens to be a great place to study. Unlike most coffee shops, Thumpers stays open till 11 PM so you can study basically all night without having to change locations. They also play great music when you don’t want to have your earbuds in. And did I mention they have amazing drinks and food?

The second floor student center

The student center can get quite loud at times but if you have noise cancelling headphones like me, you’ll enjoy it very much. They have super comfy chairs and mostly all the restaurants are right by you so when you get hungry you only have walk within the building. If your anything like me, you like to sometimes to distract yourself from your work. Then the student center is the place for you, there are many people coming and going and many distractions as soon as you look up from your studying.

Starbucks balcony on campus

This study spot can be hit or miss due to the weather and there aren’t that many tables out there. When the weather is warmer, I love to sit out there and study. Usually, it is fairly quiet and there are umbrellas so if the sun is out, it isn’t shining directly on you. I recommend trying this out with an iced latte on a warm day in the future.

The lengthy process of studying is probably not your favorite way to spend your time, but I hope these places will make it a little more enjoyable. Happy studying!

Hannah is a Mass Communications major with a concentration of Broadcast Journalism. She is a Libra Sun, Pisces Moon, Aquarius Rising. She is a lover of plants, crystals, astrology and anything crafty.