This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

After my short but amazing visit to Japan last year, I was craving a taste of Japanese culture. That’s why I decided to try watching anime again- and it was a great choice. I still haven’t even scratched the surface of all the anime that is out there, but here are my favorites so far. If you don’t quite understand the appeal of anime or haven’t really watched it before, give some of these shows a chance and see what you think, you might just love it!

1. Sword Art Online

Watch this show if you’re into action, romance, and Hunger-Games-meets-Ender’s game futuristic fun.

2. Yuri On Ice

Ice skating, adorable characters, and beautiful animation- what more do you want?! Just go watch it!

3. Ouran High School Host Club

If all you ask for are cute characters, cute storylines, and a ton of character development, this anime might be for you.

4. Your Lie In April

This one is for you if you enjoy having your still-beating heart ripped out of your chest and torn to shreds while you think, “wow this is beautiful!”

5. Masamune-kun’s Revenge

If you like Rom-Coms and high-school drama shows you might like this one. Even if you don’t, it’s still pretty good!

6. Death Note

I actually read the manga (Japanese comic book) for this one, but the episodes I watched of the anime were word-for-word what was in the manga. If you like battles between good and evil and are ok with occasionally rooting for the bad guy even though you know you shouldn’t, this anime is the way to go.

And those are my favorites so far! You can watch these for free on http://www.crunchyroll.com/, which is basically the Netflix for anime (and a couple of them actually are on Netflix). Happy binge watching!

Andrea Gallier is a Journalism major and Dance minor at Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, Texas. Her passions include: dancing, traveling, hiking, backpacking, camping, The Walking Dead, and (of course) writing. Andrea sailed with Semester at Sea in Spring 2016 and is an aspiring travel writer. She has also worked as a contributing writer at The Pine Log at SFA and is a member of Dimensions Contemporary Ballet, a dance company in Nacogdoches. Website: http://andreagallier.wixsite.com/portfolio Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat: @andreagallier
Greetings, earthlings. My name is Natalie and I am a lover of all things non-routine. A senior Radio/TV Broadcasting major at SFA, I enjoy running races, Netflix & Hulu binging, and traveling on short weekend getaways that I convince myself I can afford. I serve as Her Campus SFA's Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief.