This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Halloween for 2020 may have lost the appeal for a lot of us, but don’t let that get in the way of your holiday spirit! I encourage everyone to dress up, and if you’re afraid a mask will throw off the look, here are a few ways to incorporate it into your costume.

Ninja:

Who wouldn’t want to be a ninja for Halloween? This is a classic, and the perfect one to wear a mask with because it’s pretty much required! Wear all black with a matching one or go the extreme route and pair it with a colored one for Mortal Kombat cosplay – either way it’s going to look seamless.

Surgeon:

Anyone in the medical field has to wear a mask at some point, so this is a no-brainer. Purchase or make a disposable surgical mask, get a doctor or nurse costume, and you are all done (this even works for mad scientists!).

Bank Robber or Bandit:

This is a common one, but is still loved by many, because it’s something we can style freely and comes in all variations. First things first though, you’re going to want to have a mask with it to get the full vibe of the character so why not? Bandanas would work great for this.

Match the mask:

There are a lot of customized masks out there with graphics already on them, so get creative! You can buy a mask that has a design of vampire teeth on it, get one with goofy looking teeth and be a farmer, one with whiskers and be a cat, there are endless possibilities. This is also a smart choice, because you can really save money and let the mask do the talking for what you’re supposed to be, and that spares you from looking up special FX makeup tutorials on YouTube.

Born: April 17, 2000 in Houston, Tx Fav food: Pizza Fav color: Pink Major: Theater Arts
Hello Everyone! My name is Laura Restrepo and I go to SFA. I plan to major in psychology so I can use my degree to help others and make this world a better place. I am a writer for Her Campus. I love to read anything and everything whether its books, magazines, blogs, fan-fiction, journals, etc. I enjoy all types of music; I am open to anything. I am also a huge nerd for Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings/Hobbit series. In conclusion, the perfect day for me consists of these things with coffee and cold weather.