How to get your Beach Bod! Spring Break Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

It’s coming close to that time of year again, where the sun greets smiling faces, sandy beaches are imprinted on by excited feet and a fun atmosphere is wafting in the air. It is this time, that for a little over a solid week, that students (and others alike) have no crushing responsibilities and get to just enjoy life.

Yes, I am talking about Spring break! 

[Photo by: Ashlyn Eustace]

Now for spring break, you have to have your body ready for the fun too, and that can be overly complicated or stressful. Nobody wants to spend time eating certain foods before then and try to overwork their body on treadmills just to get the right figure. So, here are some simple steps, that if you follow, will have your spring break bod ready for those sandy beaches!

1. Have a body. That’s shouldn’t be hard considering all humans have bodies, and we need our bodies to exist on this planet. And no matter what size you are—curvy, thin, voluptuous—your body is perfect! Don’t let anybody else tell you otherwise. So yeah, Step one is complete!

2. Own some swimwear. In order to go the beach or swim at the pool (which are common activities to do during Spring Break) you must own some kind of swimwear; i.e. a two-piece, one-piece, a tee-shirt and some trunks. If you don’t have any one of these things, then go and buy it. It doesn’t need to be anything fancy, just something that you feel confident wearing.

3. Wear the swimwear to the beach. Not too hard of a step. Just put on your swimwear and go to that beach. However, if you have anxiety or low self-confidence, don’t push yourself too much. This can be a difficult thing for you, so take your time with allowing yourself to feel confident, or less anxious about the situation. Don’t be too harsh on yourself if you can’t, be proud you even tried.

After you have completed all three steps, you are ready with the perfect beach bod for spring break. Remember, you don’t have to live up to social pressures, and look a certain way. You are beautiful, amazing, wonderful beings, and you should appreciate that about yourself. As BTS Suga once said, “Love yourself. Love myself. Peace.”

Have a great Spring Break!  

Bri Bell was a writer for SFASU Her Campus. She graduated with a Bachelor's in Art cica 2019! She is an artistic woman with a passion for FIlm/Cinematogrpahy, as well as writing. Bri Bell tends to write about things she is passionate about whether that be about music, literature, politics, or even random anime recommendations. She is fairly easy going about what she writes, and attempts to stray away from any topics that could have any/all triggers.
Brianna is a Psychology major with a minor in Human Development and Family Studies here at SFA. She is passionate about people and that's how she landed a spot as CC for Her Campus' chapter at SFA! She enjoys hanging out with her cats, getting tattoos, and doing research. Her passion is to help the LGBTQ+ community by focusing on LGBTQ+ health and therapy in the future.