This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Homecoming is sacred when you live in Texas. It all begins in high school, where they teach you that the bigger the mum, the better the night you’ll have.

College homecoming is even better. With SFA homecoming happening this week, everyone on campus is looking forward to this giant celebration. It is a cherished tradition that promotes school spirit all around the Nacogdoches community. Homecoming is an annual American celebration where high school, colleges and towns come together and invite alumni back, so all the graduates have a chance to come home. Get it? Home-coming, coming home. Well, it also involves a football game to pump up the crowd. And SFA has other traditions such as a giant bonfire, a concert and a firework show (definitely my favorite part). 

Everyone from around the community is dipped in purple pride this whole week. There are fun events on campus through many different organizations, or you have the option to just get together with a group of friends and celebrate SFA homecoming for a week. And it ends with the parade, bonfire and concert on Friday, then tailgate and the football game Saturday.

Oh the fun!

The homecoming parade happens every year and I have actually been in it! The parade is nice to go see but being in it is more fun. I felt like the Queen of England parading through my streets. Except in my case, I was on a float that my organization helped build. But regardless, I felt like royalty and it was a fun experience. 

That’s what homecoming is all about— having fun!

So just try and live out the most of your college life and participate in homecoming festivities. I have had some of my best moments during homecoming season and now with graduation just right around the corner, I plan on making my last homecoming one for the books!

So have some fun, plus David Nail will be performing in concert this year and he has that one really great song that played on the radio. 

Hi! My name is Andréa Tinoco. I am a senior at SFA, majoring in journalism and minoring in general business. My position at Her Campus SFA is the Campus Correspondent as well as Editor In Chief. My passions include writing, reading, running and yoga.