Being about three weeks away from college graduation is surreal, but it’s also a much-needed miracle. Having senioritis all semester (or all 4 years, really) doesn’t help you to stay motivated at all, but when you’ve got graduation lingering in the very near future, it can seem impossible to get anything done. My entire mentality has become – well, I just need a C to get through this class and walk that stage. AKA, I don’t ever want to do any of my homework or readings because I know I’m graduating anyway.
Despite having a severe case of senioritis, I think I’ve gotten by pretty well this semester in terms of grades. I’m happy to be done with school for a while (I’ll be going back for my masters) and to have a chance to make some money. In all the struggles of college, being a graduating senior, and being a person on the brink of real adulthood, I’ve never lost my sense of humor. Below are some of favorite GIFS that explain the reality of being at this point in your life.
1. When you’re entirely over all of the essays you have to do in the last few weeks
2. When you worry about how you’re gonna pay bills post-grad with no set big-kid job
3. When your professor cancels class after you already woke up at 8am for it despite battling senioritis and wanting to skip to stay in bed
4. When you literally couldn’t care less about what your professor is saying because you’re entirely aware it won’t help you get a job
5. When you actually kind of do care for a second
6. When you visit your family this close to graduation knowing you’re about to have a degree
7. When you have to shoutout to what really got you through 4 years of college (if you’re into drinking)
8. When the Starbucks people recognize you because you’ve been there basically every day throughout your college career
9. When people ask you what your plans are post-grad
10. When you realize you need to get your life together because you relate to this dog in a spaceship too much