The First Steps to Getting Your Skin Looking Flawless

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

We have all been there, waking up with only 5 minutes to get dressed and get out the door for a full day of school, and once you get in the habit of doing this it’s hard to break.  If anyone knows this, it would be me. Here are just some beginning steps to get yourself on the right track. 

This first step is to create new habits, I know it’s hard, but if you want things to change you have to start putting in the effort. So that means that drinking enough water. The suggested amount is 8 cups of water per day. Another is getting at least 7 hours of sleep, and you should always take off your makeup before bed. The last one is especially important because overnight your pores soak in all the gross bacteria and sweat your face builds up throughout the day. 

Next is getting to know your skin. This is vital because each person has a different skin type that requires different needs; so if you were to have very oily skin you might have to wash your skin more often than someone that has more dry skin and has to moisturize more often. 

Lastly, is to become more aware of what you actually put on your face. If you are one to touch your face a lot, that can contribute to your acne. We explore the world through touch and we don’t know where things that we touch have been, and then all that bacteria gets on your face. Also, with the cleansers you use it’s always better to be informed on the chemicals you are using on your face, especially if you have sensitive skin because it could damage and irritate your skin. 

Finally, if you suffer from severe acne, I would highly recommend going to see your dermatologist so you can get the right treatment for you. 

I hope y’all can now start skin journey with a little more peace of mind and remember that you are beautiful no matter what. 

Hi I’m Abby I’m a Music major at SFA ?? I love makeup, movies, singing , reading , and writing Three things I can’t live without are my Friends, Family, and having Fun “ Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened “ -Dr. Seuss
Brianna is a Psychology major with a minor in Human Development and Family Studies here at SFA. She is passionate about people and that's how she landed a spot as CC for Her Campus' chapter at SFA! She enjoys hanging out with her cats, getting tattoos, and doing research. Her passion is to help the LGBTQ+ community by focusing on LGBTQ+ health and therapy in the future.