The Lalawine With Friends
The Lalawine With Friends
Her Campus Media

February 18th: National Drink Wine Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Attention fellow wine enthusiasts, I have discovered our national holiday… National Wine Drinking Day. While I tend to celebrate this holiday almost every night after school or work, it warms my heart to know there is a holiday dedicated to the best beverage to ever exist. Whether your palette favors Moscato or Cab, there’s a glass for anyone.

Coming from big wine drinking parents, my interest in wine is very eclectic. Naturally, when I was first starting to drink I favored very light or fruity wines such as Moscato, Rose, Riesling, and even in some cases some red blends. Some of my favorites include Cupcake D’asti Moscato, Roscato Red Moscato, Barefoot Rose, Stella Black Red Moscato, and if you are on a budget, Beringer Red Moscato (the giant bottle is only $9.00!). However, as I began to venture out into the world of wine (and after my parents shunned me for drinking “juice”) I discovered I like more wines with an “acquired taste.”

My parents are big on drinking dark reds, mostly Cabernet Sauvignon. Most of the time the wine they drink is a bit too acquired for me, but I’ve gotten close. A great way to transition into more “bitter” wines is to begin with whites or with red blends. Chardonnay is a great Segway after sweet wines like Moscato, one of my favorites called Butter has a very smooth and refreshing taste, but it is a little on the expensive side. Woodbridge is a cheaper, yet still delicious Chardonnay. If you are more interested in red wines, I would recommend a Malbec and Cabernet blend, as Malbecs are typically on the lighter side.

So, as February 18th approaches, grab a glass with family or friends, and celebrate (arguably) the best holiday. Happy National Drink Wine Day!

Hey y'all! I'm a senior at SFASU however I am currently student teaching in Houston. I am passionate about literature, reading, writing, makeup, and music. I hope y'all enjoy my articles and see a glimpse of me in each one. :)
Hello Everyone! My name is Laura Restrepo and I go to SFA. I plan to major in psychology so I can use my degree to help others and make this world a better place. I am a writer for Her Campus. I love to read anything and everything whether its books, magazines, blogs, fan-fiction, journals, etc. I enjoy all types of music; I am open to anything. I am also a huge nerd for Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings/Hobbit series. In conclusion, the perfect day for me consists of these things with coffee and cold weather.