This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Last week was the week that we have all been anticipating… weather below eighty degrees (finally!). Texas weather always surprises us, so I don’t think any of us were prepared for this awesome weather change. However, drastic changes in climate like this come with some negatives. Flu season is upon us and allergies are at their worst right now. This fall, stay prepared by keeping your Benadryl and Dayquil on hand and get your flu shots! But little common colds and allergies can’t get us down during the best few months of the year.

Fall and winter months are the best time for fashion and of course – food! One way I stay fashionable on a budget no matter the season is thrift shopping and knowing how to mix and match. My ultimate formula for a cute, affordable, and comfortable outfit is either a sweater or long sleeve shirt, leggings, booties, and a scarf or a cute beanie. While some days I put in more effort than others, this is my go-to outfit for days I’m feeling lazy or in a rush! And hey- nothing goes better with a cute fall outfit than a pumpkin spice latte from your local coffee shop.

A few treats that get me so excited about this season are seasonal coffees, those fun sugar cookies with the pictures on them, and Thanksgiving food (even though this isn’t for another month). There is just something about food around the holidays that makes this season so exciting. Finally, one last thing brought by the fall that we all love is seasonal décor. Every girl’s favorite place to decorate on a budget, is, of course, the dollar section at target, but there are other stops that I hit when planning to decorate for the seasons. TJ Maxx, Ross, and Burlington are also great spots to find affordable decorations for your apartment or dorm; get some fuzzy socks for yourself while you’re at it!

This fall: stay healthy, stay warm, and stay hip.

Hey y'all! I'm a senior at SFASU however I am currently student teaching in Houston. I am passionate about literature, reading, writing, makeup, and music. I hope y'all enjoy my articles and see a glimpse of me in each one. :)
Hello Everyone! My name is Laura Restrepo and I go to SFA. I plan to major in psychology so I can use my degree to help others and make this world a better place. I am a writer for Her Campus. I love to read anything and everything whether its books, magazines, blogs, fan-fiction, journals, etc. I enjoy all types of music; I am open to anything. I am also a huge nerd for Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings/Hobbit series. In conclusion, the perfect day for me consists of these things with coffee and cold weather.