It’s that time year everyone, RODEO TIME, which I know us Texans take our rodeo seriously. It’s also the time we put on our boots and get our yee-haw on. I understand it can be stressful to not know what the hell to wear to a night out. So here are some suggestions on what you can wear to get your country on.
- First, you can never go wrong with a nice dress, a statement necklace and some boots. This is one of the most basic and simple, yet fashionable, outfits you can wear to the rodeo. You can even throw on a cute jean jacket for the cold weather or if you think your outfit needs something more.
- JEANS!! If you are not a dress type of girl, then that is totally okay, jeans are the next best thing. Grab yourself a dark pair with a simple, flowy and cute shirt and your cowgirl boots and you’re good to go. You can either put on a statement necklace or even layer a necklace with some cute earrings to bring the outfit together.
- Boots, wedges or booties? Well, it’s simple: any of them. The most important thing is that you are comfortable because it’s a lot of walking around and I know if my feet hurt I won’t have a good time. If you never know what to kind of shoes to wear just ask yourself, “What am I most comfortable wearing?”Also, you can never go wrong with tennis shoes or evening bringing spare shoes.
- Skirts and off the shoulder shirts!! Both of these fashion statements have become such a trend whether they are paired together or not. They are both fashionable and can go with anything.
- FRINGE AND JEAN JACKETS!! Whoever said these things were out of fashion clearly have never been to a Texas Rodeo! We Texans love our denim as much as we love our fringe statements.
- Jewelry. Very crucial but also very hard to decide. One thing for sure is when it comes to this is BIGGER IS DEFINITELY BETTER. Like we say, everything is bigger in Texas. The bigger, flashier, shiner; the better. It may feel like you just added 10 pounds but hey it’cute right?
- COWGIRL/BOY HATS- You’re in the sun and of course some people may say that you can use sunglass but the whole point of the rodeo is to get your country on so why not with a hat. Those hats go with literally everything you could possibly think of.
These are some of the main things I surely have noticed when I go to the rodeo. The most important thing is that you are comfortable but then again beauty, sadly, sometimes requires a little pain and discomfort. Your best bet is also to look online for inspiration, the best sites are the ones based on western wear. So, figure it out and get your country on