Concerts on a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

I love going to concerts, but sometimes I’m just not in a place financially where I can splurge the whole day. So, I have come up with a few tips that have helped me save money when seeing your favorite band/artist:

1. Always look for good deals on tickets — doing your research for any concert is important. There are many websites out there that can help you find the best deal.
  1. Eat before for cheap you should decide whether you want to eat before and I always look around to see what kind of restaurants are near the venue.
  1. Souvenirs — it’s always cool to get souvenirs from concerts to show that you actually attended, but sometimes they can be overpriced. So, if it’s a t-shirt you can buy online or at Hot Topic then that’s probably the way to go.
  1. Carpool —  if it’s possible, go with people you know are also are going to the concert. This will help save gas money for everyone!
  1. Have fun! —  even though you might be cutting down on your expenses, don’t forget you’re there to have a good time and listing to good music!

Brianna is a Psychology major with a minor in Human Development and Family Studies here at SFA. She is passionate about people and that's how she landed a spot as CC for Her Campus' chapter at SFA! She enjoys hanging out with her cats, getting tattoos, and doing research. Her passion is to help the LGBTQ+ community by focusing on LGBTQ+ health and therapy in the future.