A Compilation of Quotes from Strong Women to Get You Through Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Photo by: LaShauna Bell 

SFA students, you know what week it is: Finals Week. DUN DUN DUUUUUN. We only have a few days left before summer vacation. For me at least, the deep state of laze and lethargy has begun to creep in. To offset this so I don’t fail miserably, I have gathered a list of quotes from strong women that keep me going. Here they are:

“My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.”- Ruth Bader Ginsburg

“You cannot live to please everyone else. You have to edify, educate and fulfill your own dreams and destiny, and hope that whatever your art is that you’re putting out there, if it’s received, great, I respect you for receiving it. If it’s not received, great, I respect you for not.”- Octavia Spencer

“Every kid has something they’re good at, that you hope they find and gravitate toward.”- Tina Fey

“You have to stay in school. You have to. You have to go to college. You have to get your degree. Because that’s the one thing people can’t take away from you is your education. And it is worth the investment.” -Michelle Obama

“I don’t want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself.” -Emma Watson

“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”-Elenore Roosevelt

“Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me. “-Carol Burnett

Mickey May is a third year Creative Writing Major at SFASU. She loves dogs, improv, and board games (not necessarily in that order.)
Brianna is a Psychology major with a minor in Human Development and Family Studies here at SFA. She is passionate about people and that's how she landed a spot as CC for Her Campus' chapter at SFA! She enjoys hanging out with her cats, getting tattoos, and doing research. Her passion is to help the LGBTQ+ community by focusing on LGBTQ+ health and therapy in the future.