tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Can this Friendship Pass the Test?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Photo by LaShauna Bell

“My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me”- Henry Ford. Friendships being tricky is an understatement. Many friendships seem to be able to withstand the test of times, while others seem to fade away as challenges come into play. But let’s face it, nothing was meant to last forever. If your contemplating with a current relationship on whether it’s still a friendship, why not answer a few questions and see if your friendship can pass the test.

Is your relationship one-sided?

A. Yes

B. No

Do you get along with his/her friends?

A. No

B. Yes

Do you both share each other’s major milestones with one another?

A. No

B. Yes

Do you see this friendship lasting past college?

A. No

B. Yes

Do they ever contact you first?

A. No

B. Yes

Do you feel like your life would be better without their friendship?

A. Yes

B. No

Does your “friend” make uncomfortable jokes about your short comings?

A. Yes

B. No

If you answered mostly A, it’s probably time to realize that this friendship is nonexistent. But it can also be okay. But before jumping into conclusions, first make sure that you’ve let the person know how you feel. If that doesn’t work. Accept that friendships change. People change. Make sure to make good of every relationship you are in. You will find people that can turn out to be the ones that you need.

If you answered mostly B, it seems like you might have a good thing. Your friendship seems to be one that can withstand the test of times, and you guys could possibly grow old together as next-door neighbors. No matter how far apart you guys are, you know that one phone call or text is enough to know.

Joy Meregini is currently a student at Stephen F. Austin State University, majoring in Psychology and is on the pre-med track. She is a writer for HerCampus SFA. Joy believes that being a psychology major allows her to focus on people, and how to reach and understand them, which inspires her writing. Joy is a member of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. Joy holds an Associates from Tyler Junior College. During her down time she enjoys watching, and sobbing over episodes of This Is Us, and she is forever trying to learn a new language (still hasn’t).
Hey there Delilah..  I am a Mass Communication grad student. I work for ESPN3 and have 2 amazing pups, Pepper my hound mix and my doberman, Hercules master of the universe. I enjoy editing videos and the smell of clean sheets.