Campus Correspondent’s Fall 2017 Farewell: Delilah and Andrea

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

December ’17 SFASU GraduatePhoto by Hannah Wallace/ Hannah Rae Photography

When I first joined Her Campus SFA, I didn’t know that it would become such a big part of my life.  I feel like I’ve grown with this organization, as it has gone from four writers to over 30 team members. I’ve seen everyone on our team grow and become even more amazing at what they do (writing, editing, videography, and etc.). Seeing this group transform while forging our own traditions has been an honor, and I’m so glad that it will still be here after I leave Nacogdoches.

I also very glad I got to work with my Co-Correspondent, Delilah, this semester. We didn’t always agree on everything, but we both really cared about the future of Her Campus SFA and pushed each other to make it the best it could be (and it paid off, we are now a PINK ranked chapter, which means we’re in the top 25% of chapters in the nation).  I’m also so grateful to our team for sticking with us as we re-structured HC SFA and made it a force on campus (and soon-to-be new student organization).

Her Campus is such a great tool for college women (and some men) to speak their minds and I’m honored to have been a Campus Correspondent this semester. Thanks again to Her Campus for giving me this opportunity, Delilah for working with me, and our team for putting up with us. Loved working with you guys and can’t wait to see what ya’ll do next!

-Andrea Gallier

December ’16 SFASU Graduate/ Photo by Emily Townsend

My time as Co- Campus Correspondent with Her Campus SFA has finally come to an end, and as sad as I am to let the position go I am forever grateful for the amazing team, officers, audience,readers and everyone else that stood behind and supported our little unofficial organization. It’s funny to think of how crazy Andrea and I were going trying to make sure that this organization didn’t die out and luckily we were able to make it stronger than ever. We went from being unranked and no one on campus even knowing who we were to constantly receiving emails about people wanting to join our team, professors trying to schedule meetings with us and jumping to the highest level a chapter can be ranked to be- PINK LEVEL. It is such an honor and great surprise to have been named Pink Level and as cliche as it sounds we would not had been able to make it with out all of the wonderful and determined 32 ladies on our team. Each and every single one of our ladies brought their own special and unique talent to our team from writing, editing, photography, videography, marketing, social media and so much more. My team taught me things that I had no clue about and helped me become a better well rounded Editor- In- Chief for the chapter. 

I know that Andrea and I have made the right choice by leaving this organization in the hands of Brianna Cassar and Catherine Greenwood as the new Campus Correspondents for the Spring 2018 semester. With their knowledge and great team work I hope to see this organization flourish to the potential I know it has. I wish the team the best of luck for years to come. To my returning ladies- I hope to see pictures of you in the future with your pink cords at graduation!  To new members– I hope you grow in love with this organization as much as I did and I hope you discover something in you that you didn’t know you had. 

Andrea- Goodluck in your world travels, congrats on becoming a part of the lumberjack alumni family and I hope to one day run into you in New Zealand or whatever fun country you decide to be in at the time! 

“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – Winnie the Pooh

– Always, Delilah G.

Andrea Gallier is a Journalism major and Dance minor at Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, Texas. Her passions include: dancing, traveling, hiking, backpacking, camping, The Walking Dead, and (of course) writing. Andrea sailed with Semester at Sea in Spring 2016 and is an aspiring travel writer. She has also worked as a contributing writer at The Pine Log at SFA and is a member of Dimensions Contemporary Ballet, a dance company in Nacogdoches. Website: http://andreagallier.wixsite.com/portfolio Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat: @andreagallier
Hey there Delilah..  I am a Mass Communication grad student. I work for ESPN3 and have 2 amazing pups, Pepper my hound mix and my doberman, Hercules master of the universe. I enjoy editing videos and the smell of clean sheets.