On Brianna Cassar— The Girl Who Takes No Sh*t

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

If you’ve ever needed a friend who will tell it like it is, love you unconditionally and keep you laughing and having a good time 24/7, look no further than Brianna Cassar. Though I’m slightly impartial to her— she’s my girlfriend of more than a year— I’ve seen the girl go through a lot in terms of friendships and life challenges, and I can tell you that Bri takes no shit.

If you ask Bri what her favorite word is, she’ll probably tell you “blocked.” It’s a mantra for her. Did someone subtweet you? Blocked. Are some people talking shit? Blocked. Did you say something bad about me? Blocked. Not kidding, she’s super protective.

When asked about this, Bri’s exact words are, “You might want to check your Twitters because I probably have you blocked.”

Essentially, the point of all this is— if someone in your life isn’t treating you how you would treat them, they’re blocked. 

This isn’t to say she’s petty or a bad person. Bri is quick to admit when she’s wrong and own up to it if it’s her fault. If you’re doing her wrong, though, and refuse to own up to it, she isn’t going to stand for it. 

Coming from someone who’s a complete wimp when it comes to speaking up for themselves, Bri is like a role model. A lot of us have this fire inside us when someone does us wrong, but oftentimes we are too shy or too scared to speak out or act on anything. I know personally, I spent years in crappy friendships because I didn’t have someone like Bri to show me how to be a bad bitch and stand up for myself. 

From this standpoint, you’re probably thinking— damn, she sounds like a bitch. I promise you though, this “take no shit” complex changes how you live your life for the better. Bri is quick to cut negativity out of her life because she has a thing for time.

Her thought is— “There’s not enough hours in the day to do everything you need to, so why waste any of that time dwelling on bullshit.” 

Though it sounds easier said than done, doing something, like blocking a negative person on social media, can be a quick way to cut them from your thoughts. You stop seeing their face, their subtweets, their posts— and suddenly it’s kind of like the negative energy just drifts away.

That’s not to say you won’t rekindle that friendship or solve the issue later on, but sometimes, as Bri says, “You just have to make yourself happy.”

Bri lives life with a positive outlook and aims to not waste any of the time she’s been given. When she’s not busy hanging out with me or her friends, Bri can probably be found crying over how cute our cats are or marathoning Ru Paul’s Drag Race or watching makeup tutorials. Her hobbies include makeup, shopping at Ulta and Lush baths. She studies psychology and hopes to one day be a marriage and family counselor. 

Lastly, one of her all-time favorite things to do is help others— especially animals. If she’s not doing one of the afore mentioned things, she’s probably at the Nac Animal Shelter playing with the kittens. 

To see more of Bri, and to be inspired by her take-no-shit mentality, keep up with her social media at:

Twitter: @briinicole7x

Instagram: @briannaconda_

Snapchat: briinicole7x

Hello, my name is Jack Rivera and I am a graduate student at SFASU. I did my BA in English with a minor in women's and gender studies at SFA as well, and I currently am working on my Master's in Literature with a focus on British and American women writers and queer theory. I am a Senior Editor for HerCampus SFA, but I additonally like to dabble in writing when I have the time. Aside from that, I enjoy reading queer fiction and biographies, and I spend most of my free time hanging out with my lovely girlfriend and our cats. 
Hi! My name is Andréa Tinoco. I am a senior at SFA, majoring in journalism and minoring in general business. My position at Her Campus SFA is the Campus Correspondent as well as Editor In Chief. My passions include writing, reading, running and yoga.