Black Friday, Golden Deals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Black Friday is right around the corner! (But more importantly, that turkey is even closer.)

Personally, this is my first year creating a game plan and venturing out into the madness that is the post-Thanksgiving madness. How I will wake from my epic food coma to scurry through crowds of people I will most likely want to flip the bird to is beyond me. How anyone has managed to do the things such as Black Friday shop without committing at least one assault on another person is also beyond me.

But ultimately, we’re all just trying to get a solid deal on things we normally couldn’t save many dollars on. In creating my game plan for this particular upcoming Friday, I decided to dig for deals that might also be appealing to you. 

Here are the top five most impressive deals I found for Black Friday 2016:

1. Best Buy is the go-to place for most things electronic. This year, what caught my eye first, was this 49 inch Toshiba flat-screen television. Best Buy has this on the market for only $199 this coming Friday, saving you $250. On bestbuy.com, the same television is sold for $449.99. 

https://www.theblackfriday.com/Toshiba-49-inch-LED-4K-Ultra-HDTV/40211.h…

Do you know what you could buy with an extra $250? That’s part of your rent . . . groceries for weeks and weeks . . . 250 chocolate bars . . . You know, priorities.

2. Bonton sells a selection of home and people necessities, and this year I found that for only $19.99, you can buy a down comforter. Typically these blankets from heaven cost anywhere between a hefty $40-$150. Bonton’s standard, white down comforters normally sell for $120.

http://www.bonton.com/product/394768.html?ranMID=36061&ranEAID=OfrhIMk*D…

I had no idea what the big deal about a down comforter was until I bought one for myself a little over a year ago, and it was one of the best decision I have EVER made. Shoutout to my girl Andrea for telling me about it a long time when!

3. Kohl’s sells everything from clothing to home decor to kitchenware. This year, with a savings of $20, you could invest in a Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate Activity Tracker. With all the hype that comes with being fit, going to the gym, and taking a selfie there to prove it, a Fitbit is a must have. This Fitbit tracks all of daily activities, exercise, and sleep. For the heart-rate tracker, the wristband, and the charging cable, you can purchase this for $129.99. 

According to theblackfriday.com, when you buy this you also receive $30 in Kohl’s cash as part of their Kohl’s Black Friday Cashback! That’s a cute top…or another $30 to go towards another Fitbit . . . 

4. Also from Kohl’s, the Ninja Coffee Bar, the Keurig’s newest competition. Normally $229.99, you can have this bad boy in your kitchen for $129.99, saving you $100. That’s a lot of cute coffee mugs you could buy to accommodate your new Ninja. This particular product includes a 43 ounce glass carafe, 18 ounce insulated tumbler, a frother, and a permanent gold filter.

https://www.theblackfriday.com/Ninja-Mega-Kitchen-System–Free-30-Kohls-…

With this product, you also receive $30 Kohl’s cash! MORE CUTE COFFEE MUGS!

5. JCPenny coming to the rescue this year. I have one question for you, readers . . . Do you know JUST how expensive good towels run? I mean, GOOD, LAST YA FOR A LIFETIME, THICK, WON’T GET THIN AND FRUMPY, towels?! JCPenny is here to help you this Black Friday…with towels…for $2.99.

https://www.theblackfriday.com/Home-Expressions-Ombre-Stripe-Bath-Towels…

PLEASE, STUDENTS. I BEG YOU. GO ADULT THIS BLACK FRIDAY AND GET YOURSELF SOME GOOD TOWELS. Really . . . they aren’t this cheap. EVER.

Go out and shop if you dare. Use the buddy system, try not to assault anyone, and save you the most dollars you can!

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving, friends.

Greetings, earthlings. My name is Natalie and I am a lover of all things non-routine. A senior Radio/TV Broadcasting major at SFA, I enjoy running races, Netflix & Hulu binging, and traveling on short weekend getaways that I convince myself I can afford. I serve as Her Campus SFA's Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief.
Hi! My name is Andréa Tinoco. I am a senior at SFA, majoring in journalism and minoring in general business. My position at Her Campus SFA is the Campus Correspondent as well as Editor In Chief. My passions include writing, reading, running and yoga.