Anna Schultz-Girl On Computer Stress
Anna Schultz-Girl On Computer Stress
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
Life > Academics

Arianna’s Special Tips For Surviving Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Preface to the following article: I’m a hot mess and, literally, the least qualified to give anyone advice, so please don’t try any of this at home.

Time management: Remember to preschedule crying sessions and, even though it may be tempting, try not to go over the allotted time. When your 30-second attention span runs out, Tik Tok is definitely a good use of your time. Even if that means you do a half-hour of work in exchange for a four-hour-long break to scroll through your “For You” page. Taking breaks is important for the mental health of students.

Battling procrastination: Think about all the assignments you have due next week and instead of doing them, put them all off until the last possible moment. This will increase your anxiety and magically make you more productive. Although you could do them now and get them out of the way, it would be better if you just wait and do them when you are edged with panic. It’s worked every year before this. You basically see it as a tradition at this point.

Remember to eat healthy snacks: You would do this if it were not for the fact that the dorms are closing and you must clear out your fridge of all foods. So, all you are left with are the snacks from the vending machine and the little jelly cups you bought from Kroger because they came in a container shaped like a cow. You bought it half because you’ve wanted the plastic cow container and half to reward yourself for turning in an essay.

Look towards your future: By this, I mean to lie flat on your back and spiral in the middle of your dorm room as you contemplate your next steps in life. Graduation is getting closer and closer, and you need to make decisions that may affect you for years to come. The walls feel like they are going to fold in on you. All this time that you’ve been in school, you thought it would be fine, and by this point, the decision would be clear, but now the time is here; nothing is clear and nothing makes sense.

Arianna is Texas raised. A junior at Stephen F. Austin in the creative writing department. Having had publications in the charity chapbook Remedy of Water, the proceeds donated to the California wildfires.