This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

The spread of Covid-19 has impacted everyone’s lives in so many ways. For most of us, it meant a new and somewhat strange way of continuing our education, having to be moved around from place to place, getting fired or hired because of the pandemic, or maybe even all three. For me, Covid-19 has supplied me with so many interesting and unforgettable experiences. The first of which I will start with my experiences revolving around my living situation.

I was one of the students who was forced to move out of their dorm with little to no time to plan. I knew before the pandemic that I would want to stay in my college town rather than live with my parents over the summer. At the time, I had no job or even that many friends to crash with. Luckily, I had a small group of very close-knit people I could rely on to help me through this. I was able to find a place close to campus, but I wasn’t able to move in until about a month and a half after I was kicked out of the dorms. At first, I didn’t think much of it since I was at least able to find a place to stay in general. Then I started to realize how important personal space and a quiet study area was. This would have been much worse if it had not been for having the luxury of living with one of my best friends. Throughout my constant anxiety surrounding my living situation, she was always there to assure me that everything was going to be okay. Which of course, it was in the end, even if it took a long time to get here.

Even though Covid brought a lot of anxiety and worry, it also brought me closer to someone who I can now proudly call my boyfriend of almost five months. I personally have never had a boyfriend or anything close to it before in my entire life. I had not known my boyfriend for too long before making it official, so obviously Covid decided to speed things up a little. Being inside 24/7 with nothing to do except be around each other, we learned a lot in just five months. We also fought a lot, but that’s to be expected when you literally don’t spend any time apart from each other. The good thing is that, with any relationship or friendship, talking through your disagreements and arguments are crucial to building a strong and healthy relationship. Our experience would have been a little different had it not been for the fact that we both tested positive for Covid-19 alongside my boyfriends’ roommates. Since we all tested positive, it only made sense that I quarantined with him. Makes perfect sense, but the days can get repetitive and we often felt stuck in our routines.

An awful habit we developed was eating out. I cannot tell you how much money I have spent on Doordash in the last few months. One thing I would like to do better as we move into a new school year is making healthier decisions and developing better habits. I for one kind of miss going to the gym and feeling like I was working towards something, but it’s going to take a lot to get me out of this slump that Covid has put me in.

I hope that once the new semester starts, life can start feeling normal again. I know it will be a long time from now until that happens, but at least I now have a goal. Having school and work allows me to focus on something other than the pandemic. As of right now, I can take advantage of our school’s hybrid option and take my classes over zoom as to not put myself or others at risk. I am stilling going to try my best at preventing the spread of Covid-19, and I implore everyone else to do the same. Have fun, be safe, and start this semester off with positivity!

I am a senior at SFASU, graduating in December 2021 with a bachelors in Animal Science. I want to be a Zookeeper when I get out of school because I have always had a passion for exotic animals. My favorite hobbies include painting and reading!
Hello Everyone! My name is Laura Restrepo and I go to SFA. I plan to major in psychology so I can use my degree to help others and make this world a better place. I am a writer for Her Campus. I love to read anything and everything whether its books, magazines, blogs, fan-fiction, journals, etc. I enjoy all types of music; I am open to anything. I am also a huge nerd for Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings/Hobbit series. In conclusion, the perfect day for me consists of these things with coffee and cold weather.