This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Typically, people would list the things they did do during their summer break; however, for me, my summer was basic per usual. I worked a lot, slept in whenever I could, ate my mother’s delicious home-cooked meals and binged watched the heck out of my new favorite show, Grey’s Anatomy. 

I had every intention of doing more than just the everyday mundane things this summer, but sometimes plans change and life doesn’t do what you want it to do. Here is a list of five things I didn’t do this summer that I really wanted to do, but that just didn’t work out:

1. Learn How to Play the Guitar.

For whatever reason, I have been fascinated with the guitar since I was little. I recently set a goal in life to buy a guitar and teach myself how to play it by the time I turn 21. Well, I was going to start working on that this summer, but just simply didn’t get around to it. However, I still have time though since I don’t turn 21 until March. 

2. Travel.

I always want to travel during the summertime. Sadly, I’m a broke college student. I get so jealous when I hear my fellow classmates talking about their vacations out of state and even out of the country. Most of the time, if I wasn’t going to work, I would barely make it out of my house. 

3. Write.

It’s a shame I didn’t do more of this being as though I am a writer and all. Lol!

4. Read.

Sometimes I would just be too freaking tired from work to partake in one of the things I love to do the most. I only managed to get through two books this summer.

5. Hang with Friends.

Unfortunately, my friends and I were too busy chasing that money bag to hang out a whole lot this summer.

Image from Google Images

I didn’t make this list to have anyone pity me or for me to complain. I honestly enjoyed my summer and I always love being back home. I made this list as a reminder to always make time for the things I really want. No matter whether I am tired, broke or even lazy. This is a subtle reminder to live life more.  

A Creative Writing major who just wants to read, write, and live.
Hello Everyone! My name is Laura Restrepo and I go to SFA. I plan to major in psychology so I can use my degree to help others and make this world a better place. I am a writer for Her Campus. I love to read anything and everything whether its books, magazines, blogs, fan-fiction, journals, etc. I enjoy all types of music; I am open to anything. I am also a huge nerd for Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings/Hobbit series. In conclusion, the perfect day for me consists of these things with coffee and cold weather.