nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Fun Things to Do at a Wedding

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Not only is it the season for weddings, but the majority of us are also at the age where either we are getting married, or in my case (because single) our friends and/or family are getting married. I have 4 weddings in the next year that I will have the pleasure of attending; so here are five reasons why you should go to that wedding:

1. There are fun games like cornhole and jenga to get you into a good party mood once the ceremony is complete. Don’t like games? Well there will definitely be plenty of people you can start a conversation with to keep you entertained.

2. You can drink, alcohol that is, which is more than likely provided. Typically only beer and wine is offered, but there is ample opportunity to at least enjoy a cold one. Don’t drink alcohol? Well there will still be water and let’s face it, if you’re in Texas, you’ll more than likely find tea at the reception.

3. You can dance the night away. Don’t be afraid to make a fool of yourself on the dance floor, because first, it is definitely fun, and second, you’ll look like the life of the party, and sooner or later everyone will want to dance right next to you. Even if you think you don’t have any rhythm, a wedding is the best place to give dancing a try, because more than likely the other guests are focused more on their self to focus any attention on you.

4. You can sing. If you’re out on the dance floor and a familiar song comes on, don’t hesitate to sing the words as loud as you can. Soon everyone will be chiming in until it feels like you’re in a giant karaoke party.

5. You can catch up with friends and family. A wedding is an excellent time to catch up with friends and family that you may have lost touch with over the months, or even years. Even if you don’t know anyone at the wedding, you still have the chance to branch out and make a connection with someone new and exciting.

I speak from experience having attended a wedding recently as a bridesmaid. It’s wedding season, so get out there, dress nice, and have some fun while you celebrate a beautiful couple that poured their heart and soul into planning a day to remember.

Brittny is a Graduate Student of Stephen F. Austin, with a passion for the sciences and medicine. You can't have a million dollar dream with a minimum-wage work ethic.
Greetings, earthlings. My name is Natalie and I am a lover of all things non-routine. A senior Radio/TV Broadcasting major at SFA, I enjoy running races, Netflix & Hulu binging, and traveling on short weekend getaways that I convince myself I can afford. I serve as Her Campus SFA's Campus Correspondent and Editor in Chief.