10 Things To Add To Your Dorm To Make It More Homey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Photo from: Google Images

1.Pictures

Pictures of your family and friends really add a personal connection to your dorm room. When you get home sick just look at your walls, and you really feel a connection.

2. Plants

Adding plants to your room gives a lively feeling to your space. Just remember to water them, or you’re going to have A LOT of dead plants.

3. Your Interests

Adding things like to your room like makeup, books, or anything you like makes your room feel like it belongs to you.

4. Curtains

When you walk into a dorm and the residents have nice curtains you know they want to be comfortable (also if you get black out curtains it’s easier to nap in the day)!

Photo from: Google Images

5. Rugs

Nothing says comfort like walking into your dorm, taking off your shoes after a long school day, and feeling a nice soft rug under your feet.

6. Canvases

Even if you aren’t in a sorority or organization I would HIGHLY recommend getting some canvases from Hob-Lob and decorating them with your friends to really SPICE up your room!

7. Mattress Cover

Nothing says home sweet home like a nice cloud mattress cover. Also, it’s good for your back, ‘cause we all know that campus mattresses SUCK!

8. Stuffed Animals

Maybe new stuffed animals that you’ve gotten throughout college or the old teddy bear you still deny sleeping with, stuffed animals always give a warm welcome when you get to your dorm.

Photo from: Google Images

9. A place for all your stuff

Keeping your room organized and giving everything a place in your dorm makes your room yours! Just try to maintain it as the year goes on.

10. FOOD!!

Filling your dorm with your favorite comfort food never hurt anyone! So, what if it isn’t healthy, you can eat healthy at the EC.

Freshman at SFA Member of Delta Zeta Mass Communication Major Lover of Sleeping and The Sims
Brianna is a Psychology major with a minor in Human Development and Family Studies here at SFA. She is passionate about people and that's how she landed a spot as CC for Her Campus' chapter at SFA! She enjoys hanging out with her cats, getting tattoos, and doing research. Her passion is to help the LGBTQ+ community by focusing on LGBTQ+ health and therapy in the future.