What Are We Thankful For?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Thanksgiving isn’t just a time to carve the turkey and pass the mashed potatoes. Most importantly, it’s the perfect time to reflect on what we’re thankful for and lucky to have – especially the opportunity to attend an amazing school like Sewanee. I asked our fellow students on different social media platforms, in Clurg, and on the way to class about what they were thankful for, and was so excited to see how many were ecstatic to share what they were thankful for this holiday season. I am thankful to be surrounded by so many smart, talented, and caring people. YSR!

Sewanee students are thankful for…..

– No curfew

– Jesus

– McClurg

-The view

– The faith that faculty and staff have in their Sewanee students & higher education

– You (thank you Katie Weigel)<3

– The Sewanee community overall

– The chance to unwind on the weekends after a week of hard work

– The goodlooking & intelligent young men and women that grace our campus

– The supportive community, helpful and understanding professors, nature, involvement and great opportunities

– The stimulating conversations we have together, and people who genuinely care for each other (also Gerald Smith, definitely Gerald Smith)

– The SOP and the great learning opportunities we have outside the classroom

– My family, friends back home, friends I have made here, and the opportunity to come to a place like Sewanee

Hailing from Silver Spring, Maryland, Tariro is a bubbly and active student-athlete who's so glad that there's Nutella at McClurg and Skype to call back home. She loves writing, reading, and cracking jokes whenever her friends are around.