This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

I love Thanksgiving, but it isn’t always an easy holiday to dress for.  I threw together a few suggestions in case you’re stuck on what to wear! 

Casual

If your Thanksgiving crew doesn’t really stand on formality, go for cute comfort. For me, comfort = warmth, so I would go with a sweater and jeans or leggings. Right now, I love this sweater from Romwe, it has a fun vintage feel and it’s an awesome price.  For more sweater ideas, check out this article!

Conservative

Maybe your family has some members that appreciate a more conservative style. Don’t worry; I’ve got you covered. For this look, I’d recommend a skirt/blouse combo.  I really like this skirt from The Mint Julep, because it’s classic, but the color makes it interesting. A cold shoulder blouse keeps things modern, without giving your grandmother a heart attack. The picture shows it with heels, but personally I’d opt for comfort and wear boots instead.

Dressy

My family never really did the fancy Thanksgiving dinner, but I have heard they happen. I really like this off the shoulder dress from Francesca’s, it’s simple and classy, plus it looks comfortable enough to wear for a while.  There’s a lot of room for accessorizing with simple pieces like this so have fun and make it your own!

BONUS! Cooking

For wearing around during the day or while you help set up the feast, try a fun Thanksgiving t-shirt. I found this one on Etsy and there are tons more that are similar.

From all of us at Her Campus Sewanee, have a wonderful and delicious break!

Carley Roe

Sewanee '18

Carley is currently a senior.  She is a psych major with an education minor, because she really likes kids and talking about her feelings.  Carley is from Columbus, Ohio and relocated to the south for the "better weather".  She loves dogs, horses, nail polish, dresses, and bows. In her free time she enjoys texting her mom, horseback riding, reading, and netflix.  Her dislikes include jogging, being cold, and eels.  Learn more about her here!