TBT: Sewanee Life & Style 1974

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

In honor of this weekend’s Homecoming, how about a little trip down memory lane courtesy of the 1974 Cap & Gown. 

She is killin it in that bikini, and I’m digging his smize, but what in the world is that saddle for…?

The student section, where everybody dresses up but nobody actually pays attention to the game (especially homeboy in the bottom left).

A Highlander finishes off his Jack while *definitely not being judged* by the old man in the top hat.

That tiger mascot costume – creeping out little kids and cheerleaders since 1974.

The Tigers were 2-6 this season, but maybe if #13 got off the bench we might have more W’s! 

That cigarette’s not the only thing that’s smokin….

Just five years after finally admitting women to the University, these co-eds aren’t complaining (p.s. check out that ‘stache). 

A bird’s eye view of the Domain is sometimes the best view.

Those eyebrows are way ahead of her time!

Are those mouths on his cape? ………..

URGENT: There used to be such a thing as “The Order of the Silver Bone”. This needs to be brought back. 

Annie is a senior English major and Women's and Gender Studies minor from Macon, GA.