Spring Party Weekend, as told by GIFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Wednesday

It’s the night before the glory that is Spring Party Weekend begins, and…

You’ve tried to pick out your weekend’s outfits.

You’ve also been the most proactive about doing your school work, since, well, ever? 

Because, let’s be honest, you’re going to be too hungover on Sunday. 

You’ve budgeted yourself all month and have stockpiled alcohol for the weekend.

But, most of all, why won’t it just get here already? 

Thursday

You have to wake up and go to class. 

The day is going miserably slow.

You are so not amused by your professor’s “funny” Spring Party jokes.

But, then your last class of the day is finally over, and, you’re like:

After some primping, you are finally ready for your formal, even though you’re make up is going to melt off in like 2.4 seconds…

You see your sorority sisters and all the boiz, and you’re like:

You’re several drinks in, and you feel like your dancing looks like this:

But it really looks like this:

You finally make it to the pub, and you’re like:

Friday

If you make it to class, it’s miserable…

Yet, again, your professors’ spring party jokes are not amusing. You offer a forced laugh to indulge them. 

And you might have to throw up sometime during class, just pray that you make it to the bathroom. 

You finally make it through to Friday afternoon, you start pregaming.

You have some drunken pep talks with your friends… 

And, you also might be too drunk to make it to McClurg, but that’s okay because: 

After a great deal of convincing, you finally make your way to the concert at Cheston, complaining about the walk the entire way. 

You will probably have zero concept of how you make it back to your bed later that night.

Saturday

You wake up. 

But, you know what they say is the best cure for a hangover…

Then, you head to the party that embodies the spirit of all Spring Party: Margaritaville

Thank god, the sand pads you when you fall…

They sing Kokomoa, and you lock eyes with that guy who’s “sort of cute, right?”…

So, naturally, you go for the DFMO. 

The rest of the day eventually beomces a blur (which is maybe a good thing?) Some things are better left unremembered…

Because, then, there’s Sunday… 

Happy Spring Party, everyone! 

Alli Smith is a sophomore from Charlotte, NC. She's majoring in English, with minors in Education and Women's and Gender Studies. She's an avid procrastinator who loves anything on TLC. She's particularly interested in female empowerment and positive sexuality.