Sewanee Style: Fall Fashion Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Fall is finally coming and this year it’s bringing some really awesome new trends! Here are just a few of my favorites, and some tricks on how to work them into your Sewanee style.

1. Fur!

Fur coats have been on the rise for a while, but this year they were all over the runway. This look always gives a touch of class to any outfit, because nothing says high society quite like a fur coat. Keep your style down to earth by using the fur as an accent, like on this Forever 21 cardigan.

1. Vintage Plaid

If there is one overarching theme for this year, I would say it is seventies and eighties throwbacks.These big plaids are no exception, but nowadays they aren’t limited to kilts and flannels.I love this dress from The Mint Julep as a modern take on the classic print.

3. The High Nec

1. Boyfriend Blazers

Remember what I said about the eighties? This is another example of old trends coming back. I really want to give this one a try! To keep your look balanced try something with a slim waist and wear it with a fitted skirt or jeans. I like this one from Target a lot!

1. Faded Florals

Patterns in general are really big this year, but one that popped up on the runway a lot was muted florals. I love this because it’s so versatile, you can wear it on a dress or keep it small with a scarf. Here’s a really great dress from Chicwish

BONUS ROUND: Colors— Bright red and chocolate brown

Both of these have been everywhere, and I’m guessing one of them might end up being 2018’s color of the year.  They’re both really versatile and so great for fall.

As always, these are just my suggestions. Your style is all you so go have fun with it!

Carley Roe

Sewanee '18

Carley is currently a senior.  She is a psych major with an education minor, because she really likes kids and talking about her feelings.  Carley is from Columbus, Ohio and relocated to the south for the "better weather".  She loves dogs, horses, nail polish, dresses, and bows. In her free time she enjoys texting her mom, horseback riding, reading, and netflix.  Her dislikes include jogging, being cold, and eels.  Learn more about her here!