Sewanee Fashion Spotlight: Joey Adams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

As we transition into the fall season (a bit too quickly) and sweater weather emerges, the fashion here changes to battle the cold. Sewanee, I like to think, has very different styles from different ends of the spectrum, ranging from very boho chic to preppy and classic and anything in between. Fashion and style are ways to express who you are and at Sewanee people are so uniquely different that it is fascinating to see what outfits people wear. Joey Adams is only a sophomore but has managed to turn heads with her creative fashion.  So meet Joey a really cool gal who has some rockin’ style.

1. Where do you get your inspiration from?

I usually get my inspiration from my friends and family members that are around my age group. Also, people may laugh, but I usually surf my social media: twitter, instagram, facebook, tumblr, etc. I look at the female pages and I just take everything in and observe the new trends; what’s in and what’s out. So more than likely, I get my inspiration from strangers on social media.

2. When did you get involved with fashion?

I’ve always been involved in fashion. I began to get serious about fashion and the do’s and dont’s about the different trends starting in high school. My group of friends were stylists and had very unique dress trends that rubbed off on me, and ever since then, I became the fashionista I am now!

3. How long does it take for you to get ready in the morning?

The most dreadful question. It really does depends. Usually it takes about 30-45 minutes. My morning routines usually consist of taking a shower, brushing teeth, washing face and then sitting in front of my closet for about 10 minutes trying to figure out what to wear and then I decide on about 4-5 outfits to see which will work for the day, usually mix-and-matching the outfits to put together the perfect outfit. Then time for makeup, including mascara, and lipstick or lip gloss, and BAM I’m ready for the day. After I touch up my hair.

4. If you had to pick one celebrity to go shopping with, who would you go with and where?

If I could choose any celebrity to go shopping with, it would definitely be Zendaya. I’m absolutely in love with everything about her, from her looks, to the way she dresses and dances. Zendaya is able to switch her styles up, one day you see her dressed up as a baby doll with her high heels and her bubbly skirts and blouses, then the next day you see her in her jordans and specialized sweatpants looking just as nice. Where would we go shopping? Good question, anywhere she would like to take me. Lol!

5. What is your favorite fall accessory?

My favorite fall accessory would have to be a tights. I love wearing skirts during the fall and I can always spice the outfit up with a pair of funky tights. Another fall accessory I’m starting to really like are the wide-brimmed hats. They are absolutely adorable.

6. What is your go-to outfit?

My go to outfit would have to be either jeans, tennis shoes, and a cute top or either a skirt (pencil or skater) with a blouse and a blazer.

7. What’s your favorite place to shop?

I really do not have a favorite place to shop. I’ll shop anywhere I think have really cute quality clothes. I must say my go-to stores these past couple months were Forever 21, H&M, and this new store called Olive Ole.

8. How would you classify your style?

People usually say I have a very bubbly style. I love to wear skirts and dresses, especially skater skirts and dresses. My style varies a lot, so I really can’t classify my style.