Nineteen Thoughts I Had During My Dorm Room Dye Job

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Special shout out to my suitemates who let me hog the bathroom for about an hour while I did this.  Here are all the thoughts that went through my head when me and my friend dyed my hair in my dorm bathroom last Friday. 

1. OH YEAH LETS DO THIS! I’M SO PUMPED! 
  2. What if this goes horribly wrong? What if my hair turns green like in Anne of Green Gables?! 
  3. Relax, Carley that won’t happen. You read the back of the box like six times, this will be fine. 
  4. This stuff kinda smells… 
  5. I really didn’t realize this would take so long (it had been like ten minutes at this point) 
  6. I’m going to have to clean my bathroom for a long time after this. 
  7. So glad I’m not doing this on my own! 
  8. I hope my suitemates don’t have to use the bathroom (they were super cool about me stealing the bathroom!) 
  9. What if she runs out of die after only doing half my hair and I end up with weird two-toned hair?! 
  10. Relax, take a deep breath, it’s going to look great. 
  11. Okay, now I just have to wait twenty minutes and wash it out.  And try not to let the dye get absolutely everywhere. 
  12. Twenty minutes feels like a really long time… 
  13. Okay, just have to take a quick shower and dry my hair. 
  14. OH MY GOSH THE DYE IS EVERYWHERE MY SHOWER LOOKS LIKE A CRIME SCENE! 
  15. Oh, cool it washes off easily. Phew! 
  16. Okay, I rinsed my hair four times, I think I got most of it out. 
  17. I literally can’t wait until it dries, I NEED to know what it looks like! 
  18. Wow, I love it! It’s different and fun! I’m so glad I did this! 
  19. I hope my mom likes it! 

SaveSave

Carley Roe

Sewanee '18

Carley is currently a senior.  She is a psych major with an education minor, because she really likes kids and talking about her feelings.  Carley is from Columbus, Ohio and relocated to the south for the "better weather".  She loves dogs, horses, nail polish, dresses, and bows. In her free time she enjoys texting her mom, horseback riding, reading, and netflix.  Her dislikes include jogging, being cold, and eels.  Learn more about her here!