This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

As any of my friends would tell you, I am a stickler for makeup. I absolutely love it and can never stop myself from buying something new. Mascara has always been my favorite though. I naturally have super long lashes, so I love finding a good mascara that accentuates them perfectly. This addiction is fed with my Ipsy subscription; through which I get a new mascara almost every month. Today I’m going to be delving into my collection to show you which I love, and which I’m not such a fan of. I’ll put five coats of each mascara on to keep it fair, and show which works the best.

For comparison’s sake, here’s what my lashes look like without anything on them:

First I’m going to be testing a mascara by my favorite drug store brand: elf. Elf is amazing because they don’t test on animals and their products are truly amazing for their extremely cheap price. This is a “Volume Plumping Mascara” with a thick round brush that coats lashes really well. The application is smooth, but this formula isn’t the quickest drying so don’t play with your eyes too much afterwards.

Placement: 3rd

Up next is another elf mascara, this one a “Mineral Infused Mascara” with a silicon brush. The brush it super thin so it’s great for getting my bottom lashes. I won’t be doing those today though. This one dries much faster than the last, but it isn’t as good at coating the lashes, which is why I only use it for the bottom.

Placement: 5th

Next up is a huge fan favorite: Better than Sex by Too Faced. This is actually my first time using this particular mascara, but I’ve heard so many good things so I’m excited. The brush has an interesting hourglass shape and I can see just from looking at it that the formula is thick. It was a bit clump in its application, but it is definitely volumizing. Surprisingly not my favorite though; I like it but don’t love it. Especially not for the price.

Placement: 4th

Time for Rimmel London’s “Super Volume and Curl Mascara.” This is a really interesting one because the brush is curled like a curling wand, with bristles sticking out all round. The formula clumps a bit, but I do actually like this one a lot. I’m surprised by how it actually succeeds in curling the lashes. I didn’t expect this to come true.

Placement: 2nd

Tarte’s Tarteist mascara is next. Tarte is one of my favorite beauty store brands. They also don’t test on animals and often have great formulas, so I have tons of products by them. This mascara is no exception: I absolutely love it. The formula is SUPER thick and, though it clumps some with application, it’s nothing a lash comb can’t fix. This is a sample size I got from Ipsy, so the bottle isn’t full sized but I definitely going to buy one once I run out.

Placement: 1st

Last but not least is Power Lash by Model co. This is a brand I discovered through Ipsy. They have a really good highlighter, and I’m definitely a fan of them. The formula of this mascara coats the lashes super evenly, but it’s not the thickest so it’s not my favorite. It’s good for a day look, not really a night one.

Placement: 6th