books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Links We Love: Study Tricks Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Happy Wednesday! Well, we’ve made it to the final stretch of the year. Papers are piling up and exams are creeping closer, so this week on Links We Love, I’ve assembled some study hacks for you to get under your belt before finals are upon us. Hopefully, you’re not like me and you actually study for things more than a day in advance… But don’t be anxious for the oncoming stress storm! There are also some links for relaxing things, because let’s face it, cramming is nobody’s friend.

30 Baby Animals That Will Make You Go ‘Aww’ via Bored Panda

I thought I’d start things off with some cute baby animals to help destress you before we get into the serious stuff. It is a scientific fact that looking at a baby bun or a toddling turtle releases happy hormones (I’m sure there’s a proper name for them out there.) So take a minute, scroll through, let out some gasps of cuteness, and then look in the mirror because you’re pretty cute yourself. Enjoy!

via Giphy

12 Apps For Students You Don’t Want To Miss via Examtime

Ok, so now to get into the nitty gritty. Nobody likes studying, we’d rather be sleeping, and social media is just so distracting. On this site, you’ll find tons of apps – available for Android and iPhone – to assist you in your exam endeavors.

via Giphy

Overcoming Procrastination via Mind Tools

This article is one I relate to on a spiritual level. As a habitual procrastinator, it seems impossible at times to break the chain of putting off, and putting off, and putting off. This article has tips on how you can stop procrastination before it stops you. 

via Tumblr

8 Essential Study Hacks via Buzzfeed

Life Hacks have become ridiculously popular in recent months, so here are some Study Hacks for you. Hopefully you havem’t heard them all before.

via Giphy

Relaxation Exercises for Exam Anxiety via Bemidji State University

This university’s guide to relaxing before an exam is very similar to full body meditation. If you’re familiar with that at all, this may help you tremendously. Also, if you’ve never tried meditating before, it can work wonders!

via Giphy

If none of these links helped you relax, you should definitely watch this video. Nothing about it is wrong. Oh yes. 

Good luck with all of your exams, papers, quizzes, projects, etc. You are intelligent, wonderful, and you have the ability to kick the ass of anything in your way. Come back to check out LWL next Wednesday and email me at cornwme0@sewanee.edu or leave your comments below if you’d like to see anything specific or if you have any suggestions for me! And hopefully, with this article and everything else you know, you won’t be asking this question anymore.

via Giphy

Good luck and I’ll see you next week!

Madison is a sophomore from Chattanooga, Tennessee. She enjoys Christmas in July, things that sparkle, gender equality and LGBT activism, meditating, video games, and sushi. She is majoring in both English and Anthropology and hopes to become a journalist or researcher in Linguistic Anthropology.