Links We Love 4/9/14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Happy (not so)early Sparty, Lovers of Links! This week, I’ve tried to shake things up a bit with a new image! This weeks links are a bit random–literally just things I’ve collected from around the web in the last few weeks. I hope you enjoy this and that you all have a crazy and awesome weekend you’ll still remember on Monday.

Handy Chart of the Types of Bodies That Belong In A Bikini via Upworthy

So by the title of this article, you may be wanting to punch me by this point. But please just take a look at this chart created by an unknown artist. In the spirit of warm weather, keep this in mind.

The Pixel Painter via Colossal

This article focuses on a very special old man. Check it out for a heartwarming story and some kickass paintings.

Kayakers Discover 110 Year Old Ghost Ship via ViralNova

Ok, so if you’ve ever gone exploring and found something creepy, I’m jealous of you. But not as jealous as I am of these kayakers who discovered an abandoned ship in an Ohio River tributary. The pics are amazing.

30 Cats and Dogs Losing the Battle Against Human Furniture via Bored Panda

Sorry, but I always have to include some sort of cute animal article.

This Photographer Cheats Death and Breaks Laws to Take These Portraits via APlus

These portraits are terrifying if you are afraid of heights, but otherwise, they’re completely awe-inspiring. It’s amazing to me what some artists will do for their vision to be perfectly portrayed.

Girl Speaks Gibberish With Perfect Accents via Huffington Post

Sara, a YouTuber from Finland, made a video perfectly affecting accents from around the world, but she’s really only saying gibberish. The American English one is bizarre.

47 Stunning Photographs of People Around the World via BuzzFeed

I thought I’d leave you today with a bit of a tear-jerker. These portraits are emotionally evoking and humbling. Take a little tour around the world through these images!

Well, my dear readers, these are all the links I have for you this week. This weekend is going to be the best weekend of the year. Just remember to stay safe, watch your drinks, and take care of your friends (and the freshmen because they’ll need it.) Leave me some comments saying what you like or don’t like about the new layout and email me suggestions at cornwme0@sewanee.edu. Have a great Spring Party, Sewanee!

*all gifs from Giphy and Google Images

Madison is a sophomore from Chattanooga, Tennessee. She enjoys Christmas in July, things that sparkle, gender equality and LGBT activism, meditating, video games, and sushi. She is majoring in both English and Anthropology and hopes to become a journalist or researcher in Linguistic Anthropology. 
Alli Smith is a sophomore from Charlotte, NC. She's majoring in English, with minors in Education and Women's and Gender Studies. She's an avid procrastinator who loves anything on TLC. She's particularly interested in female empowerment and positive sexuality.