I don’t know about you, but lately I fear for my life as I walk anywhere. Whether it’s the icy sidewalks and roads or the frat sludge that covers every inch of fraternity floors, slipping is a real issue. Lately, the weather has been unpredictable, and there could be a fresh layer of ice on the sidewalk for your early 8 AM class. Sadly, there isn’t much to be done after the walkways have been salted other than being SUPER SUPER careful. Here some thoughts that may go through your head, and certainly go through mine, as I try my hardest to avoid slipping and falling:
1. Maybe if I walk REALLY REALLY slowly, I wont fall….
2. Oh, gosh, I’ve started to slip, dont panic! I’ll just pretend like I’m ice skating…
3. These steps don’t look too bad…There’s even salt on them. Maybe I’ll be fine…
4. Oh look, that person just slid down the sidewalk.
5. Crap, I guess I deserved slipping for laughing at that person. Anyone want to help me up? Don’t laugh at me! I’m so embarrassed…
6. I’ve tried 10 times to get up, and I keep slipping. (ya, just walk around me and don’t offer to help me up!) Maybe I’ll just die here.
7. Maybe I should try this one more time….I wonder how ridiculous I look right now?
8. *(You reach your destination and realize how sore you are but nobody sympathizes with you)*
9. *(Class has ended)* Crap, it’s time to venture back out into the icy tundra!
Everyone be safe! If it does snow or gets icy again, just remember, SPRING IS COMING!