Finals Week as Told By Disney Characters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Well, it’s that time of the semester again: finals week. I’m pretty sure I just heard a collective groan reverberating across campus. Finals week is certainly an…interesting time in the life of a college student, and I feel like it tends to follow a similar pattern for most people:

1. All right! It’s time to look back over the copious notes you took in class.
  2. …Except you were half-asleep when you wrote them, and now you can’t read your own handwriting. Oh, and you didn’t actually take many notes.
  3. You turn to your classmates for help, but none of them took very many notes, either.
  4. So now you have to start from scratch. It isn’t easy, but it’s necessary if you want to be able to study for all those finals.
  5. You just have to stay on track and make sure you don’t get distracted.
  6. Then again, a quick nap couldn’t hurt…
  7. BAD IDEA! Now you only have a day left to study!
  8. So you chug a massive amount of coffee in order to stay awake for the frenzied study session that awaits you.
  9. …Maybe a little too much coffee, in fact.
  10. By this point, you feel like a hot mess.
  11. But then you realize that you have to pull yourself together!
  12. So you go back to studying with renewed vigor. Make sure you take breaks for healthy meals!
  13. It’s a little crazy, but you handle it like the total boss you are.
  14. …Until you completely burn out. Ugh!
  15. You try to look on the bright side and tell yourself that at least things can’t get worse.
  16. So you power through and keep studying!
  17. Now, it’s time for some well-deserved rest.
  18. “Please, please, please let me pass!” you think. Suddenly, it feels like the world is going to end.
  19. But then you remember how hard you’ve worked.
  20. And when you finish that final and realize that the semester is over at last, it’s the best feeling in the world!

Good luck on your finals, everyone! You’ve totally got this!

Emily Daniel loves writing, which is a good thing because as an English major, she does a lot of it. She also loves Disney movies, musicals, Spider-Man, chai lattes, and writing about herself in the third person.