Dear Sewanee, We Are Thankful For…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Thanksgiving Day may have come and gone, but there’s never a bad time to reflect on all the things we’re thankful for here at Sewanee. As college students, we tend to get caught up in schoolwork and social lives, forgetting how lucky we really are. So, let’s take a moment out of our busy lives to give thanks for all of the unique things at Sewanee that makes it wonderful.

1.The Domain

We are constantly surrounded by breathtaking views, whether it’s the leaves changing at the Cross or All Saints covered in snow. Here’s to many great trips to take right here on the Domain with the Sewanee Outing Program, or with some friends on a pretty day

2. The Professors

We are fortunate to receive an exceptional education from professors who want to see their students succeed.

3. Bacchus

Although it’s not the most glamorous form of transportation, how else do you expect students to get home in sideways rain or 15 degree weather?

4. Our Angels

An age-old tradition of tapping the roof at the gates signifies how we will always have a little part of Sewanee protecting us wherever we go. (Bonus: they also keep out the Heathens)

5. The Pub

If you order a granger…it’s probably time for bed.

6. McClurg

Life would be expensive without McClurg. We are fortunate to have such a dedicated staff and convenient access to local, delicious food. Plus, we get an email every day full of information about nutrition and what’s for lunch! #eatwellbewell

7. The Community

We have a wonderful, diverse and kind-hearted community made up of students, faculty, and Sewanee residents. Where else in the world can you find a passing hello or people holding the door for you a mile away?!

8. Not a STATE SCHOOL

There are many perks of not going to a state school: we don’t pay for cabs, bars, clubs, or all of our meals. We have cheaper sororities, open parties, free condoms, Hagi, an extremely walkable campus, free SOP trips, free laundry, free printing, small classes, and many many many more perks!

Downside of not going to a state school: good chance of living in a dorm for 3-4 years

As Sewanee students, we are all very thankful to be apart of this community and call Sewanee our home.