Cool, Weird, and Potentially Confusing Music Videos to Check Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

I think music videos have become underutilized. A music video gives artists the opportunity to add new layers to the audio piece they have created, but often, the video will be completely unrelated to the song (looking at you Kodak Black), or very cliche. But here are some music videos that are very interesting visually and sort of weird. Enjoy!

1. Los Ageless by St. Vincent

For those of you familiar with St. Vincent, this is not very surprising, but for those who haven’t check this video out. She is an artist known for out-there visuals, and has even dabbled in film directing.

2. Happy by Mitski

This video has some vintage vibes, an intriguing story, and a surprising ending.

3. After the Storm by Kali Uchis ft. Tyler, The Creator and Bootsy Collins

This music video has really cool visuals featuring bright colors and interesting sets. While this video isn’t as weird as some of the others, it has so much personality you won’t even notice, especially with Tyler as a plant, and having little plant children.

4. Nancy Drew by Sløtface

This animated music video has some Scott Pilgrim and female empowerment vibes. It’s an adventure.

5. Ain’t It Funny by Danny Brown

This video is darker than the others, but still good. It looks at addiction, and plays off the sitcom trope.

6. Mumbo Jumbo by Tierra Whack

This video does a great job at crafting an uncomfortable atmosphere and visuals that make you feel uneasy.

7. Source by Fever the Ghost

Another animated music video, but this one is just psychedelic and cool. Good vibes to end the list!