Campus Cutie: Mark McClellan Stubley C’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.
  1. Name: Mark McClellan Stubley

2. Nicknames: Stuble, Stoobes, Stubs

3. Birthday: February 15, 1994

4. Class: Senior

5. Greek Organization: Phi Gamma Delta (FIJI)

6. Hometown: Greenville, SC

7. Major: Economics

8. Relationship status: Single, but hoping campus cutie fixes that

9. Extracurricular Activities: Catechumenate, Netflix and killin Trivia Night

10. Best Class You’ve taken at Sewanee: Business Ethics because everyone thought what Enron did was awesome.

11. Signature Pub Order: Granger and chicken strips w/ marinara sauce.

12. Signature Dance Move: Trying not to drop girls.

13. Go-to McClurg Line: The new burrito line, which will never get old.

14. What qualities do you find most attractive in girl? A passion for summer hits of the 90’s.

15. Biggest Pet Peeve: When people pull fire alarms at 2am.

16. Spirit Animal: An otter, they’re pretty chill. Although all of his friends would say he’s a meerkat.

17. Weird Body Fact: I can open doors with my feet

18. Describe your sexlife in a Movie Title: A Series of Unfortunate Events

19. What is the most embarrassing song on your iTunes? John Mayer – Daughters

20. What is your most embarrassing Sewanee story? Freshman year, while this one girl was giving a tour, I interrupted her, got on one knee, and proposed to her… to come to our away formal.

I’ve always wondered if it’s possible to fail a PE class? Do you have any experience in this? I didnt fail! I willingly dropped because yoga in full class dress is impossible.

So you seem to like one particular hat? What is it and why do you wear it so often? It’s my lucky hat. I won the hat in a father-son golf tournament, and it has some sentimental value. Also less bad things happen when I wear the hat.

What’s your ideal date? Take a girl out to my family lakehouse for a day at the lake. I’d cook us both dinner and then we’d go swimming at night during a fireworks show.

How do you feel about the Dad Bod? I think it’s derogatory towards dads, but gives me something to strive for.

How do you feel about your inevitable loss in the Fantasy Football this year? I don’t believe I will be losing considering my league lacks any real competition and I recently added Sean Heffron as co-owner to my own team who has a stellar fantasy football record.

Sarah Christie, C'16, is a biochemistry major and French minor at Sewanee. When she graduates, she wants to go to vet school. She loves dancing like nobody is watching, meeting new people, eating Pub food, riding horses, and writing for Her Campus.