Campus Cutie: Maddy Hitel ’20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Name: Maddy Hitel

Class year: 2020

Hometown: Riverside, Connecticut

Major: English and Music

Birthday: May 22

Nicknames: Madge, Big Dinky Crinklebocker (my Toontown name… thank you Parker)

Sorority: KD!!!

Spirit animal: Koala

Signature Pub order: TATOR TOTS!!!

Go to Clurg order: The vegan line <3 Or spaghetti… you can never have too much spaghetti.

Role Model: My old violin teacher

Extracurricular activities you’re part of: Choir, orchestra/string quartet, proctor, work study

Signature dance moves: I just kind of jump around until I have no brain cells left.

Biggest pet peeve: When people are not aware of their surroundings. Oh and personal space… like don’t touch me.

Favorite spot at Sewanee: The patch of ferns near bridal veil falls – it’s like you’re in Jurassic Park!!

Where can you be found on a typical Friday night? Dancing to smooth jazz, my favorite restaurant in Chattanooga, or patrolling the halls of McCrady (jk I just kind of walk around)

Favorite memory at Sewanee so far? Most embarrassing? Probably going skinny dipping at Lake Cheston early on in Freshman year or SHAKE DAY!! Most embarrassing… when I was sick because of the flu and totally not related to any illegal reasons whatsoever and then proceeded to throw up straight off of the Lambda balcony down onto the ground below.

Advice to someone coming to Sewanee: Make the most of the beautiful! And don’t feel pressured to go out if you just need to take some time to yourself. But also if you wanna go to that party on a Wednesday night… GO!