Campus Cutie: Jacob Straessle C’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Name: Jacob Straessle

Class: Freshman

Birthday: November 21, 1995

Nicknames: Jake, sorry that’s not very original

Hometown: Little Rock, Arkansas

Major: Not sure just yet, I’m thinking environmental studies or English

Relationship Status: Single

Extracurricular activities: Bonner scholar, rock climbing, hiking

Signature Dance Move: I only have one dance move, it doesn’t even matter what type of music it is. I don’t even know how to describe it…its just kind of me snapping my fingers and jumping around.

Signature Pub Order: Granger and tater tots every single time

Spirit animal: Gus Stern (my roommate)

Describe Your Sex Life in a Movie Title: Holes

What is the most embarrassing song on your iTunes? Pretty Girl Rock. I’m not proud of it.

Most embarrassing Sewanee experience so far: There’s too many to single just one out at this point.

What do you love about Sewanee? I love the outdoors aspect of Sewanee because there’s always something to do, but most of all I love the people. Everyone is so friendly and I’ve met such interesting people. I feel like everyone just comes together over the fact that we all just love Sewanee.

You’re really involved in Bonner. What is your favorite part of that experience? Bonner is great. For me, I love doing work that I can feel is making some sort of difference. Bonner has really helped me decide that whatever career I end up going into, I want it to be something that I can be proud of and something that gives back in some way. Plus I love kids—I have four younger siblings—and working with kids is something that I always find rewarding and definitely entertaining.

Sarah Christie, C'16, is a biochemistry major and French minor at Sewanee. When she graduates, she wants to go to vet school. She loves dancing like nobody is watching, meeting new people, eating Pub food, riding horses, and writing for Her Campus.