Campus Cutie: Danielle Watts ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Name: Danielle Watts

Class Year: 2019

Hometown: Fairhope, Alabama

Major: English

Post Sewanee plans: Law School yay!!

Clubs/teams involved in: Sewanee Crew Team

What’s your favorite part about your club/team? The crew team is a super diverse group of people. I love that it’s full of people I probably wouldn’t know if I hadn’t joined Crew. I also never rowed before Sewanee, and everyone took the time to teach me the proper technique and really make me a great rower.

Sorority: Kappa Delta

Why did you choose your sorority? Being a Kappa Delta was a super easy decision for me. I love all the girls, love the values the sorority upholds, and our sisterhood.

What are your responsibilities/positions in your sorority? I’m Vice President of Member Education which means that I have been in charge of the freshman/upperclass pledge classes for the past year. I teach all of our new members everything about Kappa Delta, and I run all programs associated with new members. 

Why did you choose Sewanee? I went to a small high school, and I couldn’t imagine transitioning to a huge state school. I also wanted to continue having relationships with my professors and the people in my classes. Sewanee is also one of those places where you just know you’re supposed to be here.

What’s your favorite place to go to on campus? The gym ;) Don’t skip leg day.

Favorite class you’ve taken at Sewanee: Anything with Professor Ettensohn!! Take an English class with him. He’s amazing.

What advice would you give to your freshman self? Don’t take calculus! You’re terrible at math. What were you thinking?

Favorite lit song: Sorry Not Sorry #femaleempowerment

Stirlings order: Soy latte (I’m boring)

Best pickup line: It’s funny that you’re reading Tennessee Williams, since you’re the only 10 I see.

Katie Bender

Sewanee '20

Pre-Law Psychology Major, Sewanee CC, Kappa Delta Sorority Eta Epsilon Chapter