Campus Cutie: Charlie Pappas C’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Cutie! 

Name: Charlie Pappas

Nicknames: Cha Cha, Cha, Chuckles

Birthday: November 10, 1995

Class: Junior

Greek Organization: I like to live the real Greek life, with my Yia Yia.

Hometown: Memphis #choose901

Major: Art with a French Minor

Relationship status: Single and ready for a pringle

Extracurricular Activities: I work at Stirling’s, I am a proctor in St. Luke’s, and I will be a member of the French House next year.

Best Class You’ve taken at Sewanee: Intro to Women and Gender Studies. It is such an informative class, the discussions are engaging (if you read), and someone once tried to convince the class that “blue balls” is a real disorder. It was quite funny.

Signature Pub Order: Anything that you would like to buy me.

Signature Dance Move: Upper body movements with my feet firmly planted on the ground

Go-to McClurg Line: The vegan line has been very impressive lately.

What qualities do you find most attractive in someone: A sense of humor for sure. I also require someone who can knock me down a few pegs and be the human equivalent to a xanax.

Biggest Pet Peeve: Please, for the love of God, be aware of those around you.

Weird Body Fact: See my Sewanee Monologue. I also had a “womb-mate” for nine months. I now call him Dawson.

Describe your sexlife in a Movie Title: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

What is the most embarrassing song on your iTunes? “My Humps”

What is your most embarrassing Sewanee story? I contracted mono in the fall of my sophomore year, and I had to tell four girls that I had it…

Favorite Netflix show? Grace and Frankie

Favorite book? The Great Gatsby

Why did you choose Sewanee? Sewanee chose me.

What has been the biggest lesson you’ve learned during your time at sewanee? Learn how to time manage. Also, there is such a thing as too much tequila.

So you just got an internship with an artist! Tells us about it!  I will be working with the artist Ashley Longshore this summer in New Orleans. Ashley is an amazing painter who creates art that tackles topics of pop culture and some of her own personal experiences. Ashley is full of life, and I am so excited to work with her and her team!

What do you most love about photography/art? The amount of expression that can go into making a piece can be magical.

What is the biggest thing on your Sewanee bucket list? Hiking the Perimeter Trail with Tess Steele

What do you hope you can offer Sewanee in the time you have left?  A great laugh

SaveSave

SaveSave

Madi is a Senior from Asheville, North Carolina. She has written for the Sewanee chapter of Her Campus since it was founded her Freshman year, and hopes to continue writing after graduation either as a journalist or through work in Public Relations. She loves laughing and hearing people's life stories!