This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

As the first campus cutie of the 2016-2017 academic year, HC Sewanee is thrilled to shine a light on one senior who epitomizes intelligence, beauty, finesse, and grace, Abby Cote.

• Name: Abby Coté
  • Nicknames: A-Coté (like ay baybay)
  • Birthday: January 28, 1995 
  • Class: 2017
  • Greek Organization: Theta Pi 
  • Hometown: Spartanburg, South Carolina 
  • Major: English and Art History
  • Relationship status: Single as a pringle
  • Extracurricular Activities: Spoon Universit, Vice President of Theta Pi
  • Best Class You’ve taken at Sewanee: Greek and Roman Art and Architecture taught by Professor Clark and a class on Vladimir Nabokov taught by Professor Skomp
  • Signature Pub Order: the classic chicken strips with honey mustard
  • Signature Dance Move: pointing at other people to dance with me so I’m not dancing alone
  • Go-to McClurg Line: home line all the way
  • What qualities do you find most attractive in boy/girl: a sense of humor and a desire to succeed
  • Biggest Pet Peeve: when someone calls other people out for doing their pet peeve but then they turn around and do it themselves
  • Spirit Animal: sea otter
  • Weird Body Fact: I physically cannot straighten my left pinky finger
  • What is the most embarrassing song on your iTunes? a dubstep remix of old macdonald had a farm (there’s a story behind it)
  • What is your most embarrassing Sewanee story: on upper class shake day sweet Dean Hagi walked me back to Quintard while I was crying like a baby (I’m not sure why). But I got to hold Boudreaux the whole way.

You are involved in Spoon Sewanee! For those of us who are very interested, but unsure of what Spoon exactly is, please elaborate.

-Spoon is an awesome online food publication for our generation (a food resource for college students), it’s kind of like buzzfeed but just for food. It’s amazing y’all should check it out.

What other things are you involved with in Sewanee?

-I’m the VP for Theta Pi and a member of SALC. I also love going to CRU and just participating in everything Sewanee has to offer when I have the chance.

You are a senior this year. What has your Sewanee experience meant to you? Abby you are full of wisdom, so what advice might you give new freshman?

-I wish I could say that by senior year I’m full of wisdom but everyday I still feel like such a newb – I’m pretty sure some freshmen have it more together than I do. So I guess my advice would be just don’t be too hard on yourself if you have no clue what’s going on.

SaveSave