This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

The art of layering- tips on how to be warm and cute at the same time! 

•  Anything you would normally wear a tank under, switch to a thermal (or any solid color) long sleeve top. Add a cardigan or jacket and a scarf to hide any awkward showing of the undershirt. You honestly won’t be able to tell that you’re actually wearing an secret extra layer for warmth.
  •  If it’s extremely cold, wear mutiple long- sleeved undershirts! Put a large shirt or sweater over the top. You’ll be able to feel wrapped up in warmth, but the slightly added fluff will be unnoticable to the cold outside world. 
  •  Scarfs. You probably will not see me in the cold fall and winter monthes without a scarf. They add so much to an outfit, and you can wear different scarfs with the same sweater, totally changing the look. Also they keep you super warm, and if big enough, may also be used as a blanket in cold situations.
  • Wear a pair of gloves when walking to class or anytime you’re outside! My hands always get cold first and stay the coldest, so keeping them warms helps a ton!
  • Legs with tights are so much warmer than bare legs. There are nude, black, patterened, solid colors, multiple pairs for really cold days. Don’t leave your dorm without them! 
  • Wear socks to keep your feet nice and toasty throughout the day: boot socks, knee-high socks, fuzzy socks, ankle socks, multiple pairs of socks.
  • Add a big warm coat for your final layer!
  • Extra tips from this cute chart for your “travels” to class: