4 Ways to Beat Boredom This Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Ah, winter break. A time to relax and enjoy the  (academically) stress free environment that we call home. But, as great as home is, a month is a long time to spend anywhere. So, here’s a few activites to help you beat boredom during your winter break.

Visit old friends

Whether it’s been months or minutes since you’ve seen them, old friends are always excited to have you back.

Get active

Even though it’s pretty chilly outside, there are still plenty of ways to get active over winter break. Some fun activites might be ice skating with friends or walking through a holiday light show one night.

Sleep

No one sleeps as much as they should during the semester. Winter break is a great time to catch up on that beauty sleep. (Not that any of y’all need it to be beautiful :)

Volunteer

Helping others is always a great way to spend your time, especially in this holiday season. 

Stay warm! xo

Bethany is a freshman and potential Biology major and Spanish minor from Silver Spring, Maryland, with a concentration in pre-med. She loves swimming, animals, and any outdoor activity she can do.