Why You Can’t Even Get a Text Back…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

If he hasn’t texted you back… it’s because he’s playing Fortnite.

Fortnite is a fairly new videogame that EVERYONE has been obsessing over. So if you haven’t heard of it, it’s pretty similar to Hunger Games in the sense that you’re dropped in a dome starting with 100 players and forced to fight for survival. You gather weapons and materials to defend yourself. This game is sure to get your heart racing and your adrenaline pumping whether you’re playing or watching! While it came out almost six years ago, the game’s users have tripled since December. In these last few months, Fortnite has established a prominent presence on social media. While I have yet to play for myself, I have watched countless games and the ANXIETY IS REAL. When it comes down to the last five players, it is one of the most intense situations to be in. I think I understand why people play for hours on end.  So don’t get mad when you don’t get a text back, it might be a while. People are fighting for their lives out there.