This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

I want to start this by saying I am a huge believer in vibes and energy (how millennial of me). I can sniff a hypocrite out from a mile away. I know when people have ulterior motives, and I see red flags before they even turn red! I am not sure whether this trait is the New Yorker in me, or the Capricorn in me, but either way I am always one step ahead. Now that I have laid out the foundation for being self-proclaimed psychic, I am here to say that this psychic was once blindsided in a relationship as well.

The biggest blindside did not come from a boy (even though I have had a couple of those as well), but it came from a girl I thought was my best friend, my ride or die, my other half. Years of friendship thrown down the drain over something so trivial, but oddly enough it was needed. I was not aware that the relationship was bad for me until it was over. When this friendship ended everyone around me kept saying the same thing: “I never liked her anyway.” While angry at first that no one thought to express this while we were still friends, I started to marinate on this a little more.

You know that saying that your five closest friends are a reflection of you? That is 100% true. If you are friends with mean people, others will think you are mean. My eyes became clear. I started to see the difference in how people reacted to me now that my best friend and I were no longer friends. It was as if everyone could see the change in me. I was funnier, happier, and less stressed. I was a light, with no negative energy in sight. That in turn attracted more people to me. Most importantly it allowed me to become closer to my favorite people in the world.

My best friends now are what I would call “character friends.” There is no jealousy. There is no fighting. There is respect for each other. There is love for each other. My old friend attracted negative energy. My new friends attract light and happiness. Most importantly I value their opinion. If I am doing something shady, they have no problem telling me and vice versa. This whole experience taught me to not be afraid to let go. You are allowed to make new friends, and let old ones go. It is part of life. You will be surprised by who you will find if you choose to positive vibes.

I'm a Junior at Seton Hall University. I'm a Graphic Design and Advertising Major and have always had a passion for writing. My other passions include Reality TV, specifically the Bachelor, and I spend my time listening to all types of music. I have a love for Beyonce that cannot be replicated, and I am not afraid to show it.