Who is KUWTK’s Star, Jonathan Cheban?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

if you’re a fan of Keeping Up with the Kardashians, there’s a chance you’ve heard of Jonathan Cheban. He’s that random guy who seems to always be following Kim around. When watching Jonathan and Kim’s adventures on the show, do you ever question yourself, who is he actually? Why is he always hanging out with America’s royal family? Doe this guy have a claim to fame or is he just your average joe shmoe, ya know??

Whenever I see him on TV, I always wonder what he does for a living, how he knows the Kardashians, and what his background is. He lives an extremely privileged and interesting lifestyle. I decided to take it into my own hands to do some investigating to find out who this guy really is. Jonathan is actually from Fort Lee, New Jersey. He graduated from Hofstra University with a communications degree. He began working as a publicist, but ended up starting his own public relations firm, CommandPR. He has built up his career by starring in his own reality tv-show, opening a restaurant in Miami, and launching his clothing line. People are quick to judge Jonathan for living in Kim Kardashians shadow, but he has done so many things to contribute to his success. I think his background is super interesting and cool to learn about. After seeing him for years on KUWTK it’s nice to finally know a little more about him. Now that I think about it, haven’t seen him featured as often on the show lately… Miss ya Jonathan.

Riley Murray

Seton Hall