Style > Beauty

What’s in a Chronically-Tired College Student’s makeup bag?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

There’s never really a moment when being a college student isn’t tiring. Sometimes we have 8 AMs and sometimes we pull all-nighters for our 8 AMs. It is always a struggle of constantly being tired, and trying to perk up a bit with some coffee. But just because we’re tired doesn’t mean we have to look it right? These three make up products will help you look just a little more alive, even if we’re all secretly dead (from exhaustion) inside. 

1. Nyx BB Cream

Tired skin and bags are no match for the hydrating power of BB Cream. Nyx is always a great brand for a college budget as well. Opt for a tinted version such as this to substitute for a more full coverage concealer/foundation combination for those early 8 AMs (not to say that almost everyone isn’t just as tired as you).

2. Khiel’s Facial Fuel Eye De-Puffer

Khiel’s might be a more expensive brand, but the value of this product Is beyond worth it. Whether it’s a late night before an 8 AM or finals week, this eye de-puffer has worked wonders on even the fairest of skin types. Use it underneath a BB Cream, foundation, or even just by itself to look and feel instantly refreshed.

3. Mascara

Mascara is always a good way to brighten up your eyes after a long night studying.  Brush on a little bit to lift up your tired lids and give the appearance that you’re more awake!

Sophie Gochtovtt

Seton Hall '21

Sophie is a double major in Visual and Sound Media and Creative Writing at Seton Hall. She is an active sophomore- involved in Alpha Sigma Tau, English Club, and Pirate TV. In her free time, she enjoys watching movies, reading books and writing stories.
Hi! My name is Kiah Conway and I'm a double major in Journalism and Creative Writing here at Seton Hall. I am one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus, as well as a Chapter Advisor for some HC Chapters. If it wasn't already obvious, I am really passionate about writing. I'm also a serious Netflix addict and book lover. In between binge watching Marvel movies and doing homework, I spend my time hardcore Pinteresting and writing short stories.