books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Tuesdays with Morrie is possibly one of the best books I’ve ever read, I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone. This is a beautifully told true story of Mitch Albom, who reconnects with his dying college professor. Together, they talk about life and death, as well as love and other questions that we encounter throughout life. They compose a final “thesis” together, and it is a masterpiece. 

Okay now that you’ve read that extremely quick synopsis, I can gush about how much I truly ADORED this book. I mean wow – I have never read a book that got to me as much as Tuesdays with Morrie did. It was almost as if I was there with Morrie and Mitch living the lessons and asking questions. It moved me so much that I found myself crying and laughing within the same page. Morrie is such a caring and understanding character that he comforts you with words of wisdom, and words that everyone needs to hear at least once in their life. Personally, I found myself not able to take my eyes off the page when he was discussing love with Albom. Morrie talks about what love truly is, how we can give it, how we can receive it and how we can appreciate it when we let it go.

There is a lesson in this book for everyone. Some of the lessons that will be on your Tuesdays with Morrie syllabus are:

1.     Live every day as if it were your last.

2.     Enjoy your emotions to the fullest

3.     Pay attention to the person you talk to.

4.     Decide your own rules; do not let society steer your life.

…and many more.

If you are looking for an existential read or trying to find yourself in a mad and ever-changing world – this book is for you! 

Kelly Carr

Seton Hall '19

My name is Kelly Carr and I am currently studying at Seton Hall University. I am a public relations major/ film minor.
Hi! My name is Kiah Conway and I'm a double major in Journalism and Creative Writing here at Seton Hall. I am one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus, as well as a Chapter Advisor for some HC Chapters. If it wasn't already obvious, I am really passionate about writing. I'm also a serious Netflix addict and book lover. In between binge watching Marvel movies and doing homework, I spend my time hardcore Pinteresting and writing short stories.