This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

As the theoretical scenario of Australia as a Home, becomes a reality I can’t help but think how lucky I have been throughout this entire journey. As a novice traveler, I jumped into this experience blinded folded, with absolutely no vision of what my life would be like…

It is now the third week in to my life across the globe and I could not be happier. Going into this journey alone brought both excitement and some undeniable nerves. 

After nearly four days of travel, the trip kicked off in Cairns, Queensland, with a group excursion to explore the depths of the Great Barrier Reef. This introduction to the nature of this beautiful country brought both comfort and wonder to everyone that traveled here solo. 

Next, we checked off another tourist “must”; visiting an animal sanctuary. We saw all the Australian classics: kangaroos, koalas, crocodiles, and many more. 

That same day we were able to look into the way of life of the aboriginal people at Mossman Gorge. As we traveled through the rainforest we learned about their ancestors, their spirituality, and how they survive living off the land. 

Everything I have seen so far in this amazon country keeps making me want to further immerse myself in the culture here. If anyone were to inquire traveling abroad, I tell you that you will not regret it. So far this experience has taught me to: be present, take advantage of opportunities, and take the leaps of faith in life, even if it means leaving everything behind and not knowing exactly what to expect. 

Veronica Ruth

Seton Hall '20

.
Hi! My name is Kiah Conway and I'm a double major in Journalism and Creative Writing here at Seton Hall. I am one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus, as well as a Chapter Advisor for some HC Chapters. If it wasn't already obvious, I am really passionate about writing. I'm also a serious Netflix addict and book lover. In between binge watching Marvel movies and doing homework, I spend my time hardcore Pinteresting and writing short stories.