This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Spring Break means no school, no classes, maybe seeing your family or if you’re lucky getting to go on vacation with friends. A week is never enough time but it’s just enough time to have a road trip! My friends and I are road tripping to Florida – which means we are experts on what is essential for a road trip.

1. Snacks/Drinks

You need your “C” food groups – chips, cookies, and candy. Also throw in some caffeinated drinks and you’re all set!

2. Poppin’ Playlist

Depending on where you’re going, you’re gonna be in the car for a WHILE. Having a playlist to fall back on is a MUST. There’s only so much you can talk about, and games you can play before you need to just sit back and listen to some music.

3. An E-ZPass

So we learned this the hard way. Do you know how many tolls are between New Jersey and Florida? Too many! Just get an E-ZPass and make sure A LOT of money is on it.

4. A PRACTICAL Car

Seems obvious right? Well we’re road tripping in a two-door car with pretty bad gas mileage. Don’t be us. Be smart and use a car that is actually practical for going on a road trip.

5. A Great Set Of Friends

If you go on a road trip with people you only tolerate, you’re going to be miserable. The only way a road trip is fun is if you’re with some of your BEST FRIENDS. Also it’s less likely you’ll end up killing each other while in close quarters.

No matter what you do this Spring Break, I hope you have FUN! Enjoy the week of freedom.

Hi! My name is Kiah Conway and I'm a double major in Journalism and Creative Writing here at Seton Hall. I am one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus, as well as a Chapter Advisor for some HC Chapters. If it wasn't already obvious, I am really passionate about writing. I'm also a serious Netflix addict and book lover. In between binge watching Marvel movies and doing homework, I spend my time hardcore Pinteresting and writing short stories.